I come in the little things, Saith the Lord: Yea, on the glancing wing of eager birds, the softly pattering feet of furred and gentle beasts. I come in the little things, Saith the Lord: Not borne on the morning's wings of majesty, but I have set My feet amidst the delicate and bladed wheat. I come in the little things, Saith the Lord.
-Evelyn Underhill

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Here Today Gone Tomorrow


The Earth laughs in flowers.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson


This tiny, delicate flower appeared in the gravel in the front garden walkway, along with Lambs Ear that decided to jump from their bed.  I have no idea what it is called, but I am in love with it.  I'm so glad I noticed it and photographed it the day I first saw it because now the flowers are spent and gone.


Nobody sees a flower - really - it is so small it takes time - we haven't time - and to see takes time like to have a friend takes time.
- Georgia O'Keeffe



4 comments:

  1. So true, Cathy. I pray for eyes that notice the little things.
    Speaking of little things, I love your background wallpaper! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome, Martha Ellen. My background is Tasha Tudor fabric!

      Delete
  2. What a lovely way to start my day. I will look forward to each one. And it might be time for me to re-read Simple Abundance! Sometimes life seems so heavy. I need to take more time......it's called retirement! LOL.
    Thanks Cathy for all you do.
    Chris from WTX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Chris, for coming along with me! Simple Abundance, I could say, started me in the world of web journaling when she inspired me to write a Daily Devotional which I eventually posted on-line (Freedom in Christ), which led to my other journals. Now I've come full circle it seems!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! Please note: To prevent spam comments are published after moderation.