I come in the little things, Saith the Lord: Yea, on the glancing wing of eager birds, the softly pattering feet of furred and gentle beasts. I come in the little things, Saith the Lord: Not borne on the morning's wings of majesty, but I have set My feet amidst the delicate and bladed wheat. I come in the little things, Saith the Lord.
-Evelyn Underhill

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Midsummer's Day

Midsummer's Eve, June 23rd, was a very special time for Tasha Tudor and her family.  She writes. . . .
The Private World of Tasha Tudor
Sarah Ban Breathnach writes about Tasha's Midsummer's Eve celebration in Simple Abundance. Then she adds, "I love Midsummer's Day (June 24).  For me, it's a personal midcourse correction for the year. . . .When Midsummer arrives it's a time to look ahead and dream."

"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string. . ."

-Lucy Maud Montgomery, 
(Anne Shirley, "Anne of Green Gables")


2 comments:

  1. Totally agree with Lucy Maud - the best days are those days when nothing much at all happens. Reminds me of a Mark Twain quote I recently read and added immediately to my own quotes journal: "We had mighty good weather as a general thing, and nothing ever happened to us at all..." Quiet, semi-lazy days when everyone has time to think, to read, to talk - to do just exactly what they want to. Those are the days we remember best. Hope you have one of them tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this is a noteworthy quote: "Quiet, semi-lazy days when everyone has time to think, to read, to talk - to do just exactly what they want to. Those are the days we remember best." :-)

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! Please note: To prevent spam comments are published after moderation.