I come in the little things, Saith the Lord: Yea, on the glancing wing of eager birds, the softly pattering feet of furred and gentle beasts. I come in the little things, Saith the Lord: Not borne on the morning's wings of majesty, but I have set My feet amidst the delicate and bladed wheat. I come in the little things, Saith the Lord.
-Evelyn Underhill

Friday, July 10, 2015

Blueberry Butterfly

Blueberries

You ought to have seen what I saw on my way
To the village, through Mortensen’s pasture to-day;
Blueberries as big as the end of your thumb,
Real sky-blue, and heavy, and ready to drum
In the cavernous pail of the first one to come!
And all ripe together, not some of them green
And some of them ripe!  You ought to have seen!…..

~Robert Frost




You ought to have seen what I saw on my way
To pick blueberries on Frog Eye Farm to-day;
A Swallowtail Butterfly - silvery blue -
Fluttering by me.  I tell you it's true!
It settled itself right down on the leaf
Next to the berries, I was sure it'd be brief.
Camera in hand, can I capture it quick?
Then off it flew, but not before, "Click! Click! Click!"
~cgs

Best Blueberry Muffin Recipe

4 comments:

  1. What a great photo, Cathy! I remember a post about Frog Eye Farm you wrote last year. Do you go every year? We used to pick blueberries at Westmoreland Berry Farm years ago. I also remember one year picking blueberries at Big Meadows on Skyline Drive. The children were quite small when we did that. Deer were grazing in the meadow as we picked blueberries! I love your rendition of Robert Frost's poem. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Martha Ellen. Yes, we discovered Frog Eye Farm 3 summers ago and have been going ever since. A link to the post you refer to is the caption under the last photo. I'm going to make those muffins today. 😍

      Delete
  2. You caught it on camera! Excellent, and great take off on Frost's poem. I just might make your muffins since I have bbs in the frig.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made muffins yesterday. They're very moist.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! Please note: To prevent spam comments are published after moderation.