I come in the little things, Saith the Lord: Yea, on the glancing wing of eager birds, the softly pattering feet of furred and gentle beasts. I come in the little things, Saith the Lord: Not borne on the morning's wings of majesty, but I have set My feet amidst the delicate and bladed wheat. I come in the little things, Saith the Lord.
-Evelyn Underhill

Friday, August 7, 2015

Seize the Day!

Language of Flowers:  Morning Glory 
Death and Rebirth





The Morning Glory flower opens in the morning then dies by evening.  This particular one just showed up in my garden last year and crawled up my front porch railing.  It's a lovely reminder to SEIZE THE DAY!



Happiness is NOW!  It isn’t tomorrow.  It isn’t yesterday.  Happiness is like a morning glory:  Yesterday’s won’t bloom again; tomorrow’s hasn’t opened yet.  Only today’s flower can be enjoyed today.  Be happy this very moment, and you’ll learn how to be happy always.
~ Goswami Kriyananda

6 comments:

  1. I never knew that about Morning Glories! I must look in my garden to see if my wild ones do the same, for despite it's reputation as a weed is still a spectacular and welcomed plant in my garden.
    I love the quote. I've heard similar, but I love the way your choice is worded.
    Blessings, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love morning glories, especially that incredible blue they become. Nothing like it! I didn't know they had such a short life span though. Maybe that extraordinary color is compensation in part for their not getting to be around very long. And a great reminder that we should all savor each little happiness that comes our way. Enjoy your weekend :>)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! Please note: To prevent spam comments are published after moderation.