I come in the little things, Saith the Lord: Yea, on the glancing wing of eager birds, the softly pattering feet of furred and gentle beasts. I come in the little things, Saith the Lord: Not borne on the morning's wings of majesty, but I have set My feet amidst the delicate and bladed wheat. I come in the little things, Saith the Lord.
-Evelyn Underhill

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Changing Seasons

Autumn brings the warmer colors in the garden--orange and a touch of yellow. . . . 
Yellow Woolly Bear Caterpillar


Chrysanthemum


Dahlia and Bee


Changing seasons are wonderful for someone like me who needs a constant change of scenery.  Whether I'm rearranging furniture in my living room or changing the seasonal decor in my dining room to match the changing colors in my garden I'm not content until this need for change has been satisfied.  So much in nature changes minute by minute and sometimes it can be frightening!  But the fact is, God Himself never changes.  He is the one constant we can count on so that we can not only meet life's challenges but enjoy the beauty of His ever-changing creation.

 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.  
~James 1:17

4 comments:

  1. Simply beautiful thoughts and "autumnal" photos … I too like change--in some ways!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always tweaking things in my home too. Moving pictures, pillows, knick-knacks and treasures on shelves etc. I always interpreted it as me just not being satisfied with anything. But maybe it's just the "Mother Nature" effect coming out? A little change here or there, from day to day. Happy First Day of Fall, Cathy! All the seasons are beautiful but I have to admit - I like Fall the most! 🍂 🍁 Take care & talk to you soon...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Janet! "Mother Nature" effect! ❤️

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! Please note: To prevent spam comments are published after moderation.