I come in the little things, Saith the Lord: Yea, on the glancing wing of eager birds, the softly pattering feet of furred and gentle beasts. I come in the little things, Saith the Lord: Not borne on the morning's wings of majesty, but I have set My feet amidst the delicate and bladed wheat. I come in the little things, Saith the Lord.
-Evelyn Underhill

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Good Deed for the Day

This morning I came into the living room to find a little butterfly that looked much like this one fluttering at my window.  I wondered why it wanted to get inside.  As I drew closer I saw that it was trapped in a spider's web!  I figured the spider wouldn't need to wait long for a breakfast of fly or some other pesky bug, so I opened the window and set the butterfly free.

What beautiful thing in your life needs to be set free today so it can grace the lives of others as well as yours?

4 comments:

  1. There should be a like button for blog comments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, there sorta is. It's the G+1 button just below "Posted by Cathy" ❤️

      Delete
  2. I agree whole-heartedly with Podso. And now I know what a "plus one" is. That was a reference I've been hearing for months and thought it must be something the teens and 20s use. See - I always learn something here. Always - never fails. I wish I could think of an answer to your question though. Very thought-provoking. I'm sure I'll be mulling this for a while. Have a great day... :>)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ❤️ I'd love to hear what comes out of the "mulling this for a while."

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! Please note: To prevent spam comments are published after moderation.