I come in the little things, Saith the Lord: Yea, on the glancing wing of eager birds, the softly pattering feet of furred and gentle beasts. I come in the little things, Saith the Lord: Not borne on the morning's wings of majesty, but I have set My feet amidst the delicate and bladed wheat. I come in the little things, Saith the Lord.
-Evelyn Underhill

Monday, December 14, 2015

Advent

Counting the days till Christmas
An age old tradition.....



When time stands still,
It seems, for a child
Yet for me it goes fleeting by


For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. 
~Isaiah 9:6

4 comments:

  1. Delightful photo and isn't that quote so true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Advent calendars and the fun of anticipation they provide, especially for little kids. I still have a Hallmark Advent calendar I bought for myself my freshman year in college - it's a wintry Colonial village. I still put it on my fridge every year. Olivia looks like she's going to be a big fan of Advent calendars too. And "unto us a Child is born..." That can serve as your family's theme for 2016 with two new little ones on their way. Very exciting!!

    PS - is Olivia's hair naturally curly? She's rockin' that adorable, little kid "casual" look. Too cute for color TV. I had the same look, although I was blonde and in my case the word "bedhead" was frequently used - LOL. Mom said it was so easy to "fix" my hair - all she needed to do was to twist it around her fingers to arrange the bedhead rumples into loose curls. Hope Olivia keeps her curls - mine were pretty much gone by junior high. 🎁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, those curls are natural (inherited from her Daddy and me). That Advent Calendar was her Mommy's when she was growing up.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! Please note: To prevent spam comments are published after moderation.