I come in the little things, Saith the Lord: Yea, on the glancing wing of eager birds, the softly pattering feet of furred and gentle beasts. I come in the little things, Saith the Lord: Not borne on the morning's wings of majesty, but I have set My feet amidst the delicate and bladed wheat. I come in the little things, Saith the Lord.
-Evelyn Underhill

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

The Holly & Ivy

 Holly
Symbolizes Christ's crown of thorns; red berries, the blood he shed



Ivy
 Symbolizes eternal life; rebirth



                

“I am the light of the world.  Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”  
John 8:12

4 comments:

  1. A lovely post before Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always loved this tune, but never heard all the lyrics before. Thanks for including this video - it feels like going back to madrigal days. 🎄

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! Please note: To prevent spam comments are published after moderation.