I come in the little things, Saith the Lord: Yea, on the glancing wing of eager birds, the softly pattering feet of furred and gentle beasts. I come in the little things, Saith the Lord: Not borne on the morning's wings of majesty, but I have set My feet amidst the delicate and bladed wheat. I come in the little things, Saith the Lord.
-Evelyn Underhill

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Come As A Child

"Francis of Assisi’s childlikeness was a sign that he truly acted from his heart-center. He knew that he could not make himself a child of God–he simply needed to open his heart and allow God to love him.” 
-Wayne Simsic



"Truly I say to you, unless you are converted and become like children, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven. "Whoever then humbles himself as this child, he is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.” And whoever receives one such child in My name receives Me;” 
-Matthew 18:3-5

8 comments:

  1. Love this. And your illustration is about as sweet as can be. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, LOVE your meaningful message & your adorable Olivia! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG. Olivia has taken a LOT of cute photos in her almost two years, but as my nephew would say, this one is the Bomb! And it looks like a candid shot too, which are almost always my favorites. Posed photos are nice, but they're... posed. Does that make sense? Anyway, this is wonderful. And I'm not very knowledgeable about the Bible, but I KNOW this verse is true. :>)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She had crawled under a high daybed in the playroom to hide from me. I was across the room and I zoomed in on her. I think she smiled when she realized I could still see her.

      Delete
    2. It's an adorable keeper! ❤️

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! Please note: To prevent spam comments are published after moderation.