I come in the little things, Saith the Lord: Yea, on the glancing wing of eager birds, the softly pattering feet of furred and gentle beasts. I come in the little things, Saith the Lord: Not borne on the morning's wings of majesty, but I have set My feet amidst the delicate and bladed wheat. I come in the little things, Saith the Lord.
-Evelyn Underhill

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Stopping By Woods on a Snowy Evening

                                                      
 
                                                                                     Read by Robert Frost
                                                                                     Filmed by Kathryn Klos

                                                                   Whose woods these are I think I know.   
                                                                   His house is in the village though;   
                                                                   He will not see me stopping here   
                                                                   To watch his woods fill up with snow.   

                                                                   My little horse must think it queer   
                                                                   To stop without a farmhouse near   
                                                                   Between the woods and frozen lake   
                                                                   The darkest evening of the year.   

                                                                   He gives his harness bells a shake   
                                                                   To ask if there is some mistake.   
                                                                   The only other sound’s the sweep   
                                                                   Of easy wind and downy flake.  

                                                                   The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   
                                                                   But I have promises to keep,   
                                                                   And miles to go before I sleep,   
                                                                   And miles to go before I sleep.
                                                                                                     --Robert Frost

      
 
             

6 comments:

  1. A lovely poem,I just wish we could have some snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite poem ever, I think - and maybe the only poem longer like 4 lines that I can still recite from memory. Just lovely... ❄️ ❄️ ❄️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you know the story behind it? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stopping_by_Woods_on_a_Snowy_Evening

      Delete
  3. Beautiful! And yes I wish we had some snow too, but at least it's cold.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! Please note: To prevent spam comments are published after moderation.