I come in the little things, Saith the Lord: Yea, on the glancing wing of eager birds, the softly pattering feet of furred and gentle beasts. I come in the little things, Saith the Lord: Not borne on the morning's wings of majesty, but I have set My feet amidst the delicate and bladed wheat. I come in the little things, Saith the Lord.
-Evelyn Underhill

Monday, May 30, 2016

First Things First

I have many things on my To Do List for today, but first things first!  Like taking time to read devotionals and journaling, and let's not forget breakfast.  It's late already by the time I do these first things first.  But my garden calls to me, so I must obey.....and find the first roses, ever, on my trellis that I'd transplanted to that spot last year.  They were supposed to be white, but I see a tinge of pink and I am in love. . . .


Then as I wander back to the house I spy my first strawberry!



4 comments:

  1. Beautiful little things today! It's all about taking note of them and giving thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blush pink roses when you were expecting white? How great is that? A surprise direct from Mother Nature! And strawberries too! Did you plant them or were they just a lucky find? That garden of yours - what a spot!? 🌹

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That strawberry plant is one that escaped from the strawberry pot in the front yard and had rooted itself in the gravel walkway--so I moved it to my flower bed.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! Please note: To prevent spam comments are published after moderation.