I come in the little things, Saith the Lord: Yea, on the glancing wing of eager birds, the softly pattering feet of furred and gentle beasts. I come in the little things, Saith the Lord: Not borne on the morning's wings of majesty, but I have set My feet amidst the delicate and bladed wheat. I come in the little things, Saith the Lord.
-Evelyn Underhill

Friday, June 10, 2016

Innocence



Language of Flowers:  Daisy - Innocence

Tasha Tudor



The daisy follows soft the sun,
And when his golden walk is done,
Sits shyly at his feet.
He, waking, finds the flower near.
"Wherefore, marauder, art thou here?"
"Because, sir, love is sweet!"

We are the flower, Thou the sun!
Forgive us, if as days decline,
We nearer steal to Thee,--
Enamoured of the parting west,
The peace, the flight, the amethyst,
Night’s possibility!  

—Emily Dickinson











5 comments:

  1. Beautiful photo - I love this angle. Daisies are such a photogenic flower, aren't they? Carefully-arranged in a vase or just captured in a sunny meadow or garden, they always looks good. Lovely poem too - you know Emily Dickinson far better than I do. I think you introduced me to another "Emily" I hadn't heard of a while back, on one of your other blogs I think. I LOVE finding new work from authors I love. And I guess "innocence" is a big part of your life right now, seeing that your grandchildren "count" has so recently tripled! Must be so much fun interacting with the three of them, separately or together. Enjoy the remainder of your June!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet, did you see that the Evening Primrose photobombed my shot!

      Delete
    2. No I didn't but... hahaha - it did! Somehow it makes it even better... 💛

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! Please note: To prevent spam comments are published after moderation.