I come in the little things, Saith the Lord: Yea, on the glancing wing of eager birds, the softly pattering feet of furred and gentle beasts. I come in the little things, Saith the Lord: Not borne on the morning's wings of majesty, but I have set My feet amidst the delicate and bladed wheat. I come in the little things, Saith the Lord.
-Evelyn Underhill

Friday, August 12, 2016

Happiness


Happiness is like a butterfly: 
the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, 
but if you turn your attention to other things, 
it will come and sit softly on your shoulder.
-Henry David Thoreau


"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly, 
"one must have sunshine, freedom and a little flower."
-Hans Christian Andersen


Nature's message was always there and for us to see. 
It was written on the wings of butterflies.
-Kjell B. Sandved


May the wings of the butterfly kiss the sun
And find your shoulder to light on,
To bring you luck, happiness and riches
Today, tomorrow and beyond.

-Irish Blessing

4 comments:

  1. Oh, this is my favorite Thoreau quote ever, and everyone I've ever heard speak about it says that is certainly seems to be true too. Start getting busy and DO something - basically - and Happiness will come. Often when you're least expecting it too, I've found. !!! I love the Hans Christian Anderson line one too. The other two I haven't seen before but are perfect for this post. August must be Butterfly Month. Another blog I read - actually the ONLY other one - also had butterfly photos this week - beautiful. Hope you're all able to keep if not cool at least COOLISH amid all this swelter!! Does Olivia like the water? Does she have her own little toddler pool? I have very fond memories of playing with brother #1 in our little square green canvas pool when we were about 2 and 3 years old. 💛

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes to both your questions! I especially like the "nature's message" quote.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! Please note: To prevent spam comments are published after moderation.