I come in the little things, Saith the Lord: Yea, on the glancing wing of eager birds, the softly pattering feet of furred and gentle beasts. I come in the little things, Saith the Lord: Not borne on the morning's wings of majesty, but I have set My feet amidst the delicate and bladed wheat. I come in the little things, Saith the Lord.
-Evelyn Underhill

Thursday, June 15, 2017

Never Seen Before


"This is a wonderful day.  I’ve never seen this one before.”  
~Maya Angelou





His Feet are shod with Gauze,
His Helmet is of Gold;
His Breast, a Single Onyx
With Chrysophrase, inlaid.

His Labor is a Chant,
His Idleness-a Tune-
Oh, for a Bee’s experience
Of Clovers, and of Noon!

~Emily Dickinson

4 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful capture of a moment in time, Cathy. Maya Angelou's quote is one I had not seen before--Lovely. And the Dickinson poem is perfection. Enjoy your day. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Penstemon blossoms look like a watercolor painting so it was a perfect coming together of the bee and the relief sculpture on the pedestal in the background, along with the delicate Yarrow blossom. The Angelou quote was new to me as well and full of food for thought! For someone like me who bores quickly I should be in my element every day with that perspective!

      Delete
  2. I hadn't seen this quote before but isn't it so true? And if only we had that in our thoughts each day. Your wonderful illustration reminded me of this:

    https://ililiastrotter.wordpress.com/2012/07/12/desultory-bee/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for that link, Dotsie. I'd forgotten about that Lilias Trotter blog. Lilias's book A Blossom in the Desert provides me with the most inspirations/material for this blog journal but I'm not even half through the year yet, so I will glean from the LT blog, too, and learn along with her.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! Please note: To prevent spam comments are published after moderation.