I come in the little things, Saith the Lord: Yea, on the glancing wing of eager birds, the softly pattering feet of furred and gentle beasts. I come in the little things, Saith the Lord: Not borne on the morning's wings of majesty, but I have set My feet amidst the delicate and bladed wheat. I come in the little things, Saith the Lord.
-Evelyn Underhill

Friday, June 23, 2017

Purity and Love

Gardenia 
"Purity and Love"


I have fond memories of the fragrant Gardenia from my early childhood in Mississippi.  So when I saw this Gardenia topiary tree at the garden center four years ago there was no question that it was coming home with me.  I've nurtured it through bouts of pest infestations and kept it alive during the dry heat of wintering indoors.  It is indeed through my labor of love that it rewards me each Spring with more fragrant blossoms. . . .


Purity and Love
Together they stand
Like a well-fitted glove
Goes hand-in-hand

Love has to be pure
Or else it’s not true
It's then one can be sure
Someone loves you
~cgs

Now that you have purified yourselves by obeying the truth 
so that you have sincere love for each other, 
love one another deeply, from the heart. 
1 Peter 1:22

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Please note: To prevent spam comments are published after moderation.