I come in the little things, Saith the Lord: Yea, on the glancing wing of eager birds, the softly pattering feet of furred and gentle beasts. I come in the little things, Saith the Lord: Not borne on the morning's wings of majesty, but I have set My feet amidst the delicate and bladed wheat. I come in the little things, Saith the Lord.
-Evelyn Underhill

Sunday, July 30, 2017

Soaring







Swallowtail, Zebra Swallowtail

I saw you flying like a kite
Above the windy gale.
Dipping down out of sight
Then soaring without fail.

May I come on your flight?
On your wings might I sail?
I promise to hang on tight,
So I can live to tell the tale.





2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure I knew there was a zebra swallowtail. Sweet poetry too. I've been MIA with a new knee. Hope you're doing well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know either about the Zebra Swallowtail. This was the first for me to see--on my deck, no less! We also just discovered that the huge-leaf tree growing on our property is Pawpaw which turns out to be the Zebra Swallowtail's host. Speedy recovery from your knee surgery! I know it can take awhile sometimes. ❤️

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! Please note: To prevent spam comments are published after moderation.